Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Good Morning, Practice!

Last night my practice was simple and sweet -- 30 minutes of Yoga Nidra (aka Deep Relaxation). My nerves felt frazzled and the muscles were tensing when I started. I listened to the calm voice speaking to me through my iPhone as I laid on my mat with a blanket cradling my neck, my soft, wonderful wubby covering me and my eye pillow gently weighing down on my face. The candles were lit and the temperature was perfect. Ahhhhhh....


After 26 minutes, my nerves and muscles felt better. Not quite there, but on their way to a better place. I slept well last night and woke up at 5:55am to practice with my friend, Tammy. We heated the yoga room and flowed in a silent Ashtanga mysore practice that morphed into deep pigeon poses and shoulder openers (I love me some shoulder openers!) My practice was far from perfect but gave me a lot of information about the state of my body. My hips and hamstrings are tight and my balancing muscles were pathetically weak. But today's practice wasn't about perfection. It was about rediscovery and reconnection -- finding my way to the mat for the third day in a row and re-awakening my body to the wonders of regular practice.

I look forward to more Nidra tonight and crave another night of blissfully deep sleep.

Namaste, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment