Saturday, April 3, 2010

The 40-Day Challenge is ON!

The challenge is on and started April 1, no foolin'.  If you didn't start then, start now... no worries, no guilt.  This is a gift we give ourselves.  Yoga can change your life.  That's what I was told back in 2003 and it sure as heck did.  In fact, it crept up on me and took me by surprise.  Today I can't imagine living happily without yoga. 

Days 1 and 2 of The Challenge were kind of punts for me.  April 1st, I practiced with my Thursday class.  We went through the spine-opening series I start every class out with.  It took 10 minutes.  I told my class, "THAT counts as a yoga practice."  No joke, it can be that simple.  I saw relief on some faces.  Seriously, you don't need to set aside loads of time and make it complicated.  Just set a reasonable goal, find a quiet space and give yourself a gift.  That's what I did last night. 

This past week has been BUSY with the "Day Job" (aka Dell).  It was busy, but fun and I put on a very successful summit event in downtown Austin.  Yesterday, I relaxed and had the pleasure of being taken out to dinner by one of my favorite vendors.  We had a wonderful meal, caught up on each other's lives and celebrated her closing on her FIRST house earlier that day!  I got home, went into my yoga room and put myself into supta badha konasana.  I focused on breathing and relaxing deeply.  The dog plunked herself down next to me.  I enjoyed this for about 10 minutes and I was ready for bed.  That was my practice for April 2.  Simple, but I did it.

Today, I did a shortened Ashtanga practice after teaching my hatha star class.  My revolved triangles are causing me grief, but I started with the foundation and kicked my ego out of the room.  It felt good.  :)

Anyone out there reading this?  Are you embracing the challenge?  I'd love to hear about it!

Namaste, y'all!

Noelle

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I missed Thursday. I have been doing some yoga every day, though, even if it's just 20 minutes of legs up the wall. I look forward to Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noelle,
    Great class today, as usual. And I loved the poem, copied and pasted it to about 10 friends....wonderful! Day 4 of the Challenge and going strong. Thanks for being a guiding light.
    Aleemna

    ReplyDelete